Thursday, September 3, 2009

Let Go, Fly Free

Time came, time passed
Smiles, giggles, and laughs
Quickly followed a feeling that
Wholes had become halfs

Out of whack, out of balance
So incredibly clear to me
That without unity of vision
There is no apparent equality

Twas my dream that scared me
I wanted nothing less nor more
Than to take you by the hand
And like two doves... soar

You said you could not promise me
That you had nothing to provide
It simply wasn't meant to be
Between us was a great divide

No longer will you be a shadow
In my every thought
Far removed from the web
By which you had me caught

Realign my energies
Focus on my goals and aspirations
Praying and simply obeying
As I feel release of my exasperations

I'm liberated, flying free
So glad to finally just be
At one with myself
Contently just me

No comments:

Post a Comment