Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sleepless Conundrum

Rhythm… tip-tap, then hum
The words spin into a conundrum
As I try my best to express
My every behest hidden by the most fabulous dress

Alas, I cannot sleep
It is as though I can only hear your heart’s weep
The sound of it’s beat
As if running in a sweltering mid-day heat

Drip drop of the tears onto your soul
Envision of a big gaping hole
Oh how my ears hear it all
Each tear as each one does slowly fall

I lay here, mind alert and aware
I stay here, as if to flirt and to stare
Weary to take even one little stride
Knowing full well I'd much rather run towards than hide

Attraction, an understatement, I’m sure
Our hearts and mind are no less than pure
Intoxication, as innocent
As a sip of juice that one may say did one day ferment

The words flow as if you were right here
Listening intently with the left and the right ear
Meaningful to me, but meaningless you see
Too cowardly to admit that this was written to thee!

1 comment:

  1. beautiful... very nice Dominique, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete