Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Feign Lair

The life I lead is a zoo
Its fences provide comfort and security
They separate me and you
Creating a false sense of obscurity

Look on from afar
Approach if you dare
If you could see the scar
Perhaps you’d beware

Stand at the fence and look in
Watch as I eat, work, and play
Think you know what goes on within
But really, I’m just on display

The attention doesn’t bother me at all
In fact, I might even have liked it
As I release my mating call
You seem intrigued having sighted it

From your side of the fence, you stare
And then in you come as if unaware
That I’d make you past tense, beware
My bite is more piercing than my glare

You pranced and played in my abode
You ate my food and drank my water
Tried to reap from what I had sowed
Until I pounced and did slaughter

No comments:

Post a Comment