Monday, November 16, 2009

Open The Door

Light shone directly into mine eyes
Fresh breeze brushed by my feet
Although inclined to run
I remained facing and felt the heat

The call had been raised, the trumpets blasted
My ears became keen to the melody that sounded
Although seeming to be in the distance
In an instance I was pleasantly surrounded

Amidst the intense heat
And the incredible beat
Content with my destined feat
I slowly took my seat

Immersed yet aware
I slowly bowed my head
And listened to the words
That had to be said

With the words as my guide
I arose and walked in the very direction
My destination seemingly clear
But indeed a mighty misconception

End of the journey presented a door
The road was to never come to an end
It was clear there was to be much more
Messages to send and services to tend

The necessary ardor
Head raised
A pinch of faith
Lips parted ways

Feeling as if
I could almost soar
At the top of my lungs
Screamed "Open the Door!"

No comments:

Post a Comment