Saturday, May 30, 2009

Just Another?

Someone told me during Memorial Weekend that my 'situation' was 'unique' but...

I'm just another:
Half-Persian / Half-Brit with a White Mom and a Brown Father
Young single Mom with an active 2 yr old
College grad with a basic bachelors degree
Baha'i with a limited understanding of the cause
Daughter with additional roles of being a sister and a mother
Business woman with a clear vision of the glass ceiling

I know many people that fit each of the above which makes me just another.

But then, I do not aspire to be just another charity case or society statistic
I aspire to be an active servant of the faith of Baha, a walking culmination of virtues, and a living dreamer taking my wildest dreams and translating them into reality.

If you have any tips or suggestions for reaching my aspiration -- please feel free to send them in my direction.

--From a somewhat lost soul

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dominique.

    I don't have any tips or suggestions for reaching your aspiration, but I would like to pass on some encouragement. Your situation is 'unique', AND - I think you're doing a fabulous job!

    You have such high aspirations that they cannot but exert a positive influence on your soul. I like to think of our values and ideals as leading our soul on a thick elastic leash. The further ahead, more noble our aspirations, the greater the tension we feel about the inertia of our own beings. Yet it is exactly the steadfastness and progress of those aspirations that exert a constant tug on our souls, helping to pull us forward.

    God did not design you to be a 'statistic'. He designed you to be uniquely and brilliantly Dominique.

    So, I don't think I have any tips on how to reach your aspiration, but I do think if you keep your sights set high, and worry only about being your unique and individual self, then you will continually grow in the right direction.

    :)

    Keep up the good work.

    - the Katlin who moved to Maine

    ReplyDelete