Friday, May 29, 2009

Navid's Graduation

Navid--
I remember the day Mum & Papa told us of the great news
Didn't know until then I'd have another brother to amuse!
You were born, Glad Tidings came
You're definitely living up to your name!
The banner has been raised, the trumpet blast sounded
The little drummer boy is on his way and yes we're all astounded!
To your family, you're our star
We all knew you would go far!
For of course, you were always the "perfect son"
The best behavior, the greatest joy, can't deny that was you hon!
God endowed you with the necessary wisdom and talent
You have been handed the sheet music, the drum and the mallet!
Now make it happen, make us proud
Blazen His name to the world aloud!
Mission accomplished or journey just begun
Both include hard work and making time for having fun!
You're a loving brother, da'ee, and friend
You're always there with a hand to lend!
Words cannot begin to summarize
The pride and joy we get from seeing you rise!
Congratulations & Lots of love,
Dominique
---------------------------------------
Da'ee Navid,
I will follow your lead
I will look up to you today
And tomorrow without dismay
Mama told me you're the best
You stand apart from all the rest
And I can't wait for the day
When you come to me and say
"Jamilah, great job on your education,
Congrats on your Graduation"
That day will come before you know
Cuz Da'ee day by day quickly I grow
Thank you for being my guiding lamp
When I'm big, I might even go to band camp!
-- Jamilah
(Mama helped a bit)

No comments:

Post a Comment