Friday, August 7, 2009

Game of Life

My life, your life
This life is simply a game
We are the players
Identified by our name

One move at a time
We tread our path
Oblivious of the outcome or
Whether the action will cause wrath

This game is filled with emotion
A life of joy, grief, some pain
A twisted maze of ladders and slides
Some fall, some reap, some gain

What hand have you been dealt?
What moves are you able to make?
Can you anticipate his or her next move?
Can you be sure of what is truly at stake?

They say "Life is simply not fair"
It isn't -- truth has been told
Justice is a virtue, so is honesty
Gems that the players must unfold

In one direction I placed my focus
Made moves, too fast
Blinded by a sense of certainty
That this success would last

Stop! Time out!
But the game, it keeps on
I lost my turn
Sigh and weep -- but got to move on!

No comments:

Post a Comment