Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mindful Tear

Listen, can you hear the sound?
I felt it as it shook the ground
I walked on... and on...
Farther into the distant future

And stopped. Became present.
My body, a temple for my soul
Has arisen to serve it's master
My soul, brought my body to account in whole

My mind -- resentful, my thoughts -- needy
They arose and took control
They filled my heart with sorrow and much woe
I cried... inside whilst I realized I had lost my glow

Sought light from a socket instead of a flame
Sought shelter from the pouring rain
Transparent, I felt each drop as it came
As I tried to look up, my head bowed in shame

A failure in my mission
I stood before you hoping to take flight
I prayed, I did listen
Yet truth was blinded from my sight

Having heard nothing at all
Having opened my mouth
And let meaningless words fall
Instead of East, facing South

I silently took my seat
Felt my heart faintly beat
I smiled, giggled, and even tried to laugh
Deep down I knew this too shall verily pass

A part of me had been so assured
Dreams had encircled my sleep
Did not imagine I could be foolishly lured
Or that into the trap, I would fall so deep

I came eye to eye with my little girl
I remembered the reason I was here
I let the emotions unfurl
I held my head high and held back the tear

How could I have possibly
Allowed myself to focus and dwell
On anyone save Thee and she.
From this thought my eyes did swell

Embodied in fear
Lowly and meek,
I let that one and only tear
Slowly roll down my cheek.

No comments:

Post a Comment