Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Age 5

Five... Panj... Cinq... Cinco... Khamsah....

Five is MY magic number. The number when light may turn into darkness or from darkness may emerge the light. Age 5, my fondest memories. 1995, my voyage to the US, 2005 my voyage from turmoil to shame.

Jamilah's age 5. The turning point is marked on the calendar by May 16, 2012. Since the day I found out I was pregnant I have strived to align my life by this time -- To establish stability, to define purpose, to maintain love and happiness in the home. I pray almost every day that by age 5, our family will include a man with unconditional love for Jamilah and I. The foundation of our family will be complete and the path ahead will be clear.

I suppose you could say this is my dream... my wish... my fairy tale. To me it is not just a mere fairy tale... nor is it as mystical as a dream or wish. It is a patient trusting in God, a fair game involving prayer, faith, determination, patience, and persistence.

AGE 5...My Prayer...Undoubtedly Will Be Answered
!

No comments:

Post a Comment