Sunday, April 19, 2009

Memories & Dreams

My memories gone?
Correction… My memories have just begun.

My journey just started.
At present; the past departed.

My memory sources from now.
Forward moving; not dwelling on how.

This dream I’ve been chasing
Will one day meet the reality I’ve been facing

Antelope through the desert, Fish through the coral reef
My dream is headed with yours, though you may not carry my belief

Focused on concepts that one can only feel
Scent, taste, hearing, or vision cannot make it any more real

Lights shooting through the northern sky
Aiming for those same stars, reaching oh so high

Descending, soaring, sweeping downward
Humbly changing focus from how high to a motion forward

Running through life, making count each stride
In you God I trust… and in you Friend I confide

(Inspiration: Realizing all my poems and ramblings were on the hard drive that crashed a few months ago)

No comments:

Post a Comment